- If you're in New York, definitely check out Loehmann's. I went in yesterday and found some amazing pieces that must have arrived only recently. Especially exciting were several racks filled with gorgeous blouses, blazers, and cropped pants by Rebecca Taylor (one of my new favorite designers!).
- Make time to see New York City Ballet's production of The Nutcracker. It is such a fantastic holiday tradition, plus it is absolutely adorable to see families bringing their young children to see the show for the very first time. And even if you can't make it to see NYCB, take advantage of local companies and touring companies in your area.
- Decorate for the holidays! Sadly to say, housing does not permit students to have live Christmas trees in their rooms (!), but I would still like to make my dorm festive for the holidays. I am thinking twinkle lights and maybe even a wreath hung in my window would be nice touches.
- Check out style.com's feature on packing for holiday travel. Even though I will not be spending my break lounging poolside in the Caribbean (I am going to Paris this year), I can still admire the collages of colorful bikinis and chic cover-ups and daydream about tropical weather!
- Put together your own non-school-related reading list for over the holidays and make a trip to Barnes & Noble to pick up your selections. Then plan to spend a few days over winter break lounging on the couch under a warm blanket with a cup of hot chocolate and a good book.
That's all for now -- I will try to update again soon!