"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles." --Audrey Hepburn

dimanche, décembre 02, 2007

So Much to Do, So Little Time

Unfortunately, I have been super-busy over the last couple of days and am currently buried under a mound of work! To make it worse, the next two to three weeks look like they are going to be just as hectic and work-filled. But don't worry -- I will try to make time for updates, even if they are very brief! So for now I will leave you with a few disjointed thoughts/suggestions/pieces of advice.

  1. If you're in New York, definitely check out Loehmann's. I went in yesterday and found some amazing pieces that must have arrived only recently. Especially exciting were several racks filled with gorgeous blouses, blazers, and cropped pants by Rebecca Taylor (one of my new favorite designers!).
  2. Make time to see New York City Ballet's production of The Nutcracker. It is such a fantastic holiday tradition, plus it is absolutely adorable to see families bringing their young children to see the show for the very first time. And even if you can't make it to see NYCB, take advantage of local companies and touring companies in your area.
  3. Decorate for the holidays! Sadly to say, housing does not permit students to have live Christmas trees in their rooms (!), but I would still like to make my dorm festive for the holidays. I am thinking twinkle lights and maybe even a wreath hung in my window would be nice touches.
  4. Check out style.com's feature on packing for holiday travel. Even though I will not be spending my break lounging poolside in the Caribbean (I am going to Paris this year), I can still admire the collages of colorful bikinis and chic cover-ups and daydream about tropical weather!
  5. Put together your own non-school-related reading list for over the holidays and make a trip to Barnes & Noble to pick up your selections. Then plan to spend a few days over winter break lounging on the couch under a warm blanket with a cup of hot chocolate and a good book.

That's all for now -- I will try to update again soon!

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

ooo good suggestions, def gets me in a very festive spirit

i will totally abide by the last one. i plan on reading the merchant of venice and then watch the movie (i saw the play, and let me tell you watching shakespeare is a lot harder than reading it, but i'm definitely curious about the play and want to explore it more) and then for totally escapist fun i have yet to read danny champion of the world by roald dahl, i thought i had read everything by him, but apparently not, i must pick this one up :) and who knows what else, do you have anything good to recommend?

ooo and paris sounds awesome, let me know what you do for i am going there this summer :)